Although wetsuit diving is an art. Every detail counts but also depends on your needs. In this article, we will attempt to provide answers to your questions so you can make the best choice.
Water cools the body much faster than air. To prolong the pleasure of diving, the combination should be as close to the body. This limits the inputs and water circulation, main cooling sources.
Neoprene is both a thermal and a total UV.
In terms of combination, there is a rule of thumb: thermal comfort is a function fitting.
The Criteria to Choose His Wetsuit:
Freedom of Movement Achieved Through:
- A cut of the suit: no seams under the armpits, arms or crotch. Preforming the chest and hips for women.
- A matter: assembly of more or less elastic materials.
- The set-piece + jacket or 2 rooms offers good thermal protection for the bust has two neoprene thicknesses. The only piece offers less thermal protection but allows the modularity of your set.
- The preforming of the chest and hip for women offers more thermal protection for the combination is better adjusted thereby limiting the flow of water.
- The sleeves or double cuffs limit water entry and thus promote thermal protection. Click piercingflashlights for a diving light.
Ease of Dressing
- The presence of stretch panels at the ends is important.
Wetsuit of Dive, Based on the Temperature of the Water:
Water temperature: 10/18 ° C
- Piece Jacket +
- Neoprene Thickness: 6-7 mm
Water temperature: 16/24 ° C
- Jacket + Overalls or piece
- Neoprene Thickness: 5 to 6 mm
Combining all seasons:
The concept Modular Starboard presented below allows to organize all your dives throughout the year with a single set. With 4 neoprene pieces you can modulate your combination depending on thermal conditions of your dives.
- Modular 5mm neoprene suit
- Modular 2.5mm neoprene top
- Shorty 5mm neoprene on Modular
- 5mm neoprene hood Modular
Modular Concept Starboard:
For colder temperatures:
- Semi dry diving suits, intended rather to cold water, operate on the same principle as the wet suit unless they possess end sleeves reducing and preventing the flow of water.
- The dry diving suits effectively address the diving in very cold water, or at depth. This is a full garment that completely protects you from water and therefore cold.