How To Distribute The Weight Of Your Backpack?

The weight of the backpack is one of the key factors in order to move without difficulty by the mountain, a heavy backpack we can delay and even cause injury and/or muscle pain. Take the indispensable, leaving the “If…”, and distribute the material properly prevent us to expend the energy we will later need to complete our day with success.

In this sense, we opt for a lightweight backpack and that at the same time allows us easy access to the material that we have kept inside without wasting too much time and without having to open it completely. Thus, the use and weight will be key when selecting.

The backpacks are divided according to their capacity (litres); We can find everything from journey of several days of about 55-65 liters backpacks, backpacks of 30-40 litres for a day of mountain, passing backpacks of attack, which stand out for being small and light, allowing thus carry the minimum weight to the top.

All this variety of features make it easier to find a backpack that fits every person and activity according to your needs. One of the tricks to well organize the backpack is to divide the material into sections, using plastic bags or clothing which will also act as an insulator and will allow us to view components and more easily access these without having to undo it all.

Regardless of the time and the duration of the activity, there are a number of materials and clothing that can not miss in our Backpack:

-Extra and spare clothing: t-shirt, socks, underwear, and in case that not you take it since from the beginning, softshell, Cap, gloves… This will allow us to have clothes clean and dry every day.

-Food: a basic in our luggage. We can carry from dried fruits, energy bars to a ham sandwich. Eating is fundamental in order to complete the crossing and replenish the energy required in each section.

-Water bottle or water bag: hydrate is very important because during physical activity we lose lots of fluids in the form of sweat. Bring a thermos in winter, and in summer in the high mountains, we can serve to warm more quickly, a warm and comforting drink always helps.

-Matches or lighter, if we cook with the stove.

-Kit, before any unforeseen.

-Map and clock or GPS.

Once we have everything ready to save it we cannot forget distribute it balanced in our backpack, this us prevents back painand correct us inertia of walk sloped to the left or right depending on where we more accumulated weight. At the bottom will get the material not used during the voyage as for example sleeping bag or the insulation (in the event that the latter does not fit we always can save it in the top flap of the backpack).

Attached to the back, we will keep the more heavyweight as tent, stove, food… in case that does not fit us store can also put it at the bottom of the backpack.

At the top will leave what you need more hand as the jacket softshell or waterproof, reserving the top pockets for the material that we use more during the day, such as solar or lip cream, glasses, compass, map…

If you have side pockets we can save them the bottle or some of the objects of the flap pockets.

Once you have everything well settled already just miss us adjust the backpack correctly. So that we can adjust it well have two main straps: belt, which will support between 65-70% of the weight of the backpack, and tape the chest that will support the remaining 30%. We put the belt just above the hip ridges allowing are the legs that take most of the weight.

Now, once kept the material and put the backpack only we need to go out there in search of a new adventure to enjoy mountain and its beautiful landscapes.