If you tell your children you can light a flashlight bulb using potatoes, you will probably get a disbeliever type of response. They are also likely to say something like, “prove it.” Yes, you can. The sugar and starch in the potato makes a chemical reaction when two different types of metal inserted into the potatoes. The reaction produces a small electrical current, which is usually enough to ignite a low voltage flashlight bulb for a short while.
Things You need
- 2 large potatoes
- Two 3 – inch zinc nails
- Two 3 – inch copper nails
- AWG 18 gauge wire (or similar) directory Knife
- wire strippers
- 1.5 – volt flashlight bulb
See More Instructions
1. Put two large potatoes on a table. To ensure that the potato batteries produce enough voltage to power the flashlight, wire two potatoes in a series.
2. a 3 – inch zinc nail into a potato and another 3 – inch zinc nail into other potato using your fingers. Place them so that they are just outside the city center, with about half of the nail inside the potatoes. Add 3
3 – inch copper nail in the first potato and another 3 – inch copper nail into the other potatoes. Insert the copper nails so they are off – center and about 2 inches away from zinc nails.
4. Cut three 6 – inch pieces of thin wire plastbelagd- using a knife. Take ½ inch of the plastic coating from the ends using wire cutters so nuclear shows copper metal.
5. Twist end of one of the wires around the top of the nail in the first zinc potatoes with the help of the fingers. Turn it around the opposite end of the wire around the top of the copper nail of the second potato.
6. Turn the end of the second belt of wire around the upper part of the copper in the first nail potatoes. Turn the end of the third band of wire around the top of the zinc nail in the second battery.
7. Press the ends of the two loose wires to the two terminals of the flashlight bulb. The rechargeable flashlight light comes on Soudiantong. It may not be very bright, but you have done a series circuit using potatoes as a battery.
Cyclops® XRF Xenon Rechargeable Flashlight
Purpose of Different Torch Types
Cree Flashlight Bulbs Led Lighting This Is A Picture Of …
LED pop-up Camping Lantern Battery Operated Collapsible …
Rare hieroglyphs showing ‘Egyptians with electrical light …
High power LED flashlight circuit with 1.5V AA battery
Circuits: One Path for Electricity – Lesson
How to Make a Flashlight/Torch using Marker Pen
LED Upgrade Kit II
RIDGID 18 Volt Li Lithium Ion Cordless Flexible 2-Mode LED …
The torch so bright it can FRY AN EGG: Flashlight beams …
5pcs Eye Glasses Reading Glasses Clip LED Safety Light …
Potato Battery: How to Turn Produce into Veggie Power …
Zap Stun Gun Flashlight for Women with 1 Million Volts.
(6.9)Science concepts. The student knows that obtaining …
3M LED Flexible Tube Soft Strip Lamp Light 10 Color Party …
boy turning lights of clipart
science electricity simple circuit Fundamental, Light Bulb …
Best Pocket Flashlight Review and Buying Guide 2017
Introduction to Energy Essential Question: What is energy …
What Are the Energy Conversions in a Battery Torch Light …
Luxor 2 Intelligent LED Flashlight with Digital Display …
Tactical Foregrip Vertical Grip High Power CREE LED …
TASER® Strikelight Rechargeable Stun Gun Flashlight
Hand Holding Flashlight Stock Photos
Vector Optics Cobra Tactical Fore Grip Flashlight Green …
Hand Holding Yellow Flashlight Over White Background Stock …